Now this will sound really odd to some people.
but after last night where my boys tried to make popcorn by them-self...
they cooked a mini bag of Popcorn for who knows how long. every piece in the bag was burnt along with the bag. :(
my microwave was a Horrible burnt mess.
sadly before that, my oldest decided to heat up the leftovers of the night before's Tortellini & no lid no nothing to stop tomato sauce from splattering all over the microwave. :(
I decided to do so research to see what I could use or do to clean it & take the smell away.
well the good news it I found an article on uses of Vodka
awhile back bought the stuff & put it into spray bottle then forgot about it.
I started by cleaning the front of the door to see just how well it worked
I was so shocked that with all the grease from my hubby cooking bacon that I thought I should share this. I wiped the front of the door off the spray made it so it only took 1 swipe. I usually have to go over the door a few times & then there is always a streak of grease that just won't come off.
I opened the smelly burnt door.
to see this. (I am embarrassed that it looked so bad.) :(
I sprayed everything inside & put my focus on the door.
I sprayed & wiped & it came off without anything begin scrubbed with a fingernail. =)
then I worked on the inside I cleaned it out the first round & then sprayed it again & it was clean. well other than the burnt spot on the back side of the microwave down at the bottom I think it's where the bag of popcorn tried to stopped when they stopped the microwave. :(
But it was clean in maybe 4 minutes.
I usually spend 20-45 depending on what the kids have done.
this was the worst my microwave was plus it had burnt on stuff.
I am happy with the outcome. 
another plus side is for the most part the nasty burnt popcorn smell is pretty well gone. even when the microwave is being used. =)
then because we have the microwave over the stove I had no choice but to clean my stove top.
now I find it hard to keep my stove top clean.
it is a gas stove top & it's glass, everything comes off to clean the glass other than the knobs... & those I usually have to bring out an old toothbrush & scrub.
but this time I sprayed & wiped of the bigger gunk. sad to say this is my stove top. :( again embarrassing. all the grease that splatters is just sad. 
but I this is what I am just the most amazed at.
my stove top can take as little as 15 minutes to hours...
I will admit my stove has been a lot worse than that.
but with using the Spray it wiped up & no toothbrush was used to clean.
it is virtually streak free on top of that & the burners when turned on don't give that funny odor that other cleaners have made.
before I normally use 2 cleaners to clean my stove top. a grease cutter & then Windex to get the glass clean.
another good thing I don't wear gloves I hate how long it take & how my hands sweat inside then, I usually have to wash my hands a couple times & they still smell like the cleaner & my hands are always dry for awhile after even with lotion.
this I just washed my hands once & put on the normal lotion & no problems. =)
lastly I got this email awhile ago just haven't really thought about it. so nothing below is tried by me, but I am planning on cleaning bathrooms tomorrow with it to see if it does all it's suppose to.
21 Uses for Vodka
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves the adhesive.
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean.
The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew it is a great disinfectant.
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, then blot dry.
6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.
9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziplock freezer bag, and freeze for a slushy, refreezable ice pack for aches, pain, or black eyes..
10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.
11. Make your own mouthwash by mixing nine tablespoons powered cinnamon with one cup vodka. Seal in an airtight container for two weeks. Strain through a coffee filter. Mix with warm water and rinse your mouth. Don't swallow.
12. Using a q-tip, apply vodka to a cold sore to help it dry out.
13. If a blister opens, pour vodka over the raw skin as a local anesthetic that also disinfects the exposed dermis.
14. To treat dandruff, mix one cup vodka with two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry.
15. To treat an earache put a few drops of vodka in your ear. Let set for a few minutes. Then drain. The vodka will kill the bacteria that is causing pain in your ear.
16. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
17. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
18. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
19. To remove cigarette smoke in your home or office mix one part vodka and three parts water and spray the clothing, then launder and let dry.
20. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.
21. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
Vodka who knew?
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
The BEST cleaning agent EVER!
Posted by ~De Anna~ at 2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment